Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Marlee's hand surgery

Marlee had surgery on her right hand yesterday to repair the tendons she severed on her index finger. There are 3 tendons and she severed 2 of them and cut 60% of the third. Yeah, she did it good. The doctor said it was a bad injury. She can't lift anything with that arm for 8 weeks and she will have lots and lots of physical therapy. The doctor wouldn't guarantee that she would get back full range of motion, but he said the physical therapy was crucial. The surgery took 1 1/2 hours and the doctor was very pleased with how it went.

So....I won't be coming to Texas this year. I will need to use my vacation time to help Marlee with Maddox. You can't even buckle Maddox into his car seat with 1 hand - it's too tight. My plan is to take 1/2 days of vacation maybe 3 times a week, but I still have to clear it with my bosses. They probably won't like it, but Marlee is pretty much an invalid for the next 12 weeks.

posted by Debra

No comments: